Ge Capital Retail Bank - Need lower APR on Chevron/Texaco CC

Have requested a lower interest rate on my Chevron/Texaco Card and they say they can't. Why not?

Many larger/other banks/creditors provide this service when requested without hesitation, why not GECRB? Is there another way of getting this request to lower the interest rate or do we have to take our request to a higher level?

With the economy in such a mess, why can't the banks/creditors try to help the consumers who keeps these companies afloat? Would like to get some recommendations or suggestions to get these request taken care of/provided as soon as possible

Comments

Exact same complaint with my Lowes consumer CC handled by GECC and their money bank. Rate is at 24.99% APR (ridiculous), and they refuse to lower it.

My credit rating is in the 800's and their is no excuse for this.

I have went up three levels of management to no avail, and the last manager said that even if I talked with the president of GECC I would get nowhere. I am now taking this through the ranks of Lowes corporate to see if I can get them to drop GECC and go with another CC service company/bank that has variable rates.

GE Capital Retail Bank

I bought TVs, Blue Ray player and refrigerator on HH Gregg/GE Capital Retail Bank credit card. I did not receive any bill for a month but I started receiving daily calls for the payments overdue.

After discussing with the caller I four out that my a dress was wrong on the account. After the correction I still did not receive a bill. After discussing with harassing caller I found out that the bill was not sent to me. Finally I received the bill with late charges and 2 month over due payment.

I contacted customer service with no resolution that please pay 3 moth of payments then the will *** late fees. I think it is GE,s mistake I should be penalized for it. I am willing to pay my monthly installment the day I receive my bill.

GE customer service people were rude, arrogant and totally uncompromising.

I am so glad for the consumer protection agency. It is to take care of bureaucratic uncivilized behavior of these bank

GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK/PAYPAL/PAYPAL SMART CONNECT

THEY TAKE MONEY THEY ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO TAKE "STEAL" WIPE OUT MY ACCOUNT AND THEN LIE ABOUT IT! EVEN WHEN THE BANK HAS PROOF!!

THEY LIE, STEAL, GIVE FAKE NAMES AND NO NAMES AT ALL AND WHEN GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANKS CORPORATE SPECIALIST CONSUMER RELATIONS DEPARTMENT CONTACTS YOU AND ALSO LIES ABOUT HOW MUCH WAS TAKEN OUT THEN WE REALLY HAVE PROBLEMS BIG, BIG PROBLEMS!!!!!!

THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY AND THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE ARE INVOLVED NOW AND IT SERVES THEM RIGHT AND I HOPE THEY GET PROSECUTED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW. MERRY CHRISTMAS HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

Ge Capital Retail Bank - Automatic Payment does not show on statement

I do not show that they GE Capital Retail Bank statement that is showing Payment paid each month account #1500010000768517.Carl Krugler,what do I do to fix this problem? I called Company last month but still do not get a correct statement ?

I want this to come to the attention of who ever in charge.I was told that in the bottom of statement was a notice would show that was paid and no payment do,there is no statement on the bottom. I need this corrected as soon as possible,so I can fill at ease knowing my credit rating is not affected.

Comments

GECapitalCares

Carl -

A member of our support team will be contacting you shortly to assist. In the meantime, we recommend you remove your account number and last name from your post for security purposes.

Ge Capital Retail Bank - Dear nameless entity

Dear nameless entity,

Go f**k yourself.

I spend a reasonable amount of money with Amazon.com and in the future will not only spend my CASH someplace else, but will avoid, Like the plague, buying, or contributing to anything that has the name or Logo GE associated with it.

Thank you very much, and you be sure to have a very f**ed up and non-prosperous Holiday Season,

On Sun, Dec 11, 2011 at 03:01, GE Capital for your Amazon.com Store Card wrote:

Dear **********,

We are responding to your recent application for a Amazon.com Store Card (Reference Number********). Please click here to review the response on our secure site. To help reduce our impact on the environment, we are sending this letter to you electronically. You can download or print the letter for your records.

If you have trouble opening this within your email system, copy the link below into a new browser and hit enter. This will bring you to an authentication screen where you will be asked for credentials.

Note: This email was sent to you by GE Capital Retail Bank, the issuer of Amazon.com Store Card accounts. We may send transaction servicing emails even if you have requested not to receive marketing offers by email. GE Capital Retail Bank is located at 170 West Election Road, Suite 125, Draper, Utah, 84020, USA.

Comments

nikalseyn

Any company that stresses it's "impact on the environment" is on my "avoid like the plague" list, even tho I also do not buy GE products, at least knowingly because of it's support of every Marxist politician in the country. Everyone would be much better off getting a credit card thru their credit union anyway---lower interest(if you choose to pay interest like a fool)and nicer people to deal with if you ever have a problem.

GE capital Retail Bank has bad customer service

It is very difficult to get through GE capital retail Bank's phone system to talk to a live person. Customer Service personnel has bad attitude which is very disappointed.

I had set up multi-payment online and their system screwed up in the middle of the 6 month period by stopping the transaction from my bank. I didn't know this issue until I received GE email notice.

When I called GE customer server explained their online payment system error caused no payment on that month and I shouldn't be charged late fee, but they didn't refund the late fee had been applied to my account. Based on My experience with GE capital retail Bank, I will not do any business with this bank in the future.

Comments

callmesassy25

GE FINANCIAL CUSTOMER SERVICE REPS ARE RUDE :( !!! I called them twice to discuss my bill payments and let them know in advance that I lost my job and will be unable to pay the full amount.

The customer service rep I spoke to claimed that there is nothing they can do because my bill was up to date so far. Therefore, I would have to wait until I miss two payments before my account is reported to the COLLECTIONS DEPARTMENT then they will help me. What kind of MALARKEY is that. They want me to mess up my credit then help me.

GE FINANCIAL really needs to come up with an alternative solution. :(

I never want to do business with GE capital retail bank ever again they are rude, they dont care. My bill was one day late between the late fees and interest i ended up with a 104 bill.

they need to send there customer service rep back thru some training learn how to talk to people. Nobody could give me a reason why they put so much interest. They will not work with you at all. Attn: GE capital retail bank ya'll have so many negative comments anf they are all saying the same thing.

So this should tell you as a company they you are not doing right.

So that sad 104 dollars that ya'll thieves scammed me out of, send your customer service rep back thru training. Everything about this company sucks!

GE Capital Retail Bank wrongly charged me

$886.06 interest for an alleged expiration

of my promotional finance plabn when I made all payments on time and paid the full amount

within a year as required.

Similar problem with Indian witches who can't speak English & are 100% worthless to customers! I called 3 different numbers & the last Indian, while more understandable transferred me to "customer service" which was a recording saying that the number had been disconnected. There is so much more, but please everyone, contact Wal-Mart headquarters and ask that they stop doing business with Green Dot & this awful bank!

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 052512_pc_DJones**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your GE Capital Retail Bank account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

Valorie
to GECapitalCares Columbia, South Carolina, United States #611883

When you say that GE Capital Retail Bank cares, that's really hard to believe. I say this because when tried to make a payment to another credit card account, it did not go through.

I found out "2 WEEKS" later that due to an invalid account number my payment was not accepted. Today while trying to correct this situation, I found out that at the time when I was given my Route and account number, that the customer service representative misled me. She told me that I could use the route and account number to make bill payments online and also to deposit money into my account. Although the direct deposit went through, the online bill payment did not.

So now not only do I owe for last months payment and late fees, but I will also have to make another payment to reactivate my card. All of this could have been avoided if I was given the correct information from the beginning. I also wanted to add that you also have advertised on your website bill payments for alot of different companies. If this is not a service that you offfer then I suggest that you remove this from your website.

This is not a personal attack in anyway, it is the "TRUTH". Thanks for wasting my time and MONEY.

TRY TO PAY OFF ACCOUNT THEY SAY IT WASN'T RECEIVED; YET ALL THE REST WERE AND ON TIME!!!!

It seem like a typical business fraud,is it not? You should reserve the right to lodge a claim for loss. :(

GECapitalCares

Jenny - I'm sorry that you experienced problems when contacting us for support. I'd like to help.

Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- Reference code DM 121311_pcJenny

GE Capital

i had to same exact problems. i tried contacting them twice in a row, because i can barely understand what the Indian representative was saying to me.

I couldnt understand why they were charging me with interest before my promotional period end. Now that the promotion period ended, they slapped me 1,300 on top of everything i paid and left me with negative credit. when i try to discuss with them. He told me he cant help me rudely and ask if i need any other help and hung up.

He talked to me like im retarded and throwing me attitude, cause i couldnt understand him.

I felt so disrespected. This makes me want to end my account and never do business with them.

I totally agree with you with the bad customer service. I had called them twice in a row hoping they can help me with my expired account..

Instead i get thrown with attitude left and right by some Indians representative and i could barely understand him especially with "Ma'am" rudely..

They talk to me like im retarded, cause i dont understand what they're saying. It makes dont even want to continue my account with them ..Im so disappointed with their service.

GECapitalCares

pmpatterson - We'd like to research your account and make sure we made the corrections you requested. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- Reference code DM 120911_pcpmpatterson

GE Capital

I just had the exact same experience. I tried to set up my first payment through my bank and it was returned by G E capital.

I tried to call the customer service line and got someone in India, and could not understand what they were saying. he said it was the banks fault nd that the bank must have the wrong ac count number. He did not check anything nor ask me what acct number they used. It was ridicxulous.

I think I will pay this bal off and not do business with GE gai. I have recently bought a TV and a computer using GE Capital but i think this is my last purchase on this card!

GECapitalCares

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with your account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- Reference code DM 120511_pcAnon

View more comments

Ge Capital Retail Bank - They seemed to let someone open an account in my name without my permission

I would never use this company for anything. How can someone just open an account in my name without this company checking it out or alerting me.

I will never do business with them, I may even cancel my Sams Club account. I will check out Cosco. Hopefully they dont do business with this GE Capital Retail Company/ I certainly hope not. Shame on you Capital.

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

You should protect your customeers, and Sams club it seems you will do business with anyone, I certaily am doing a double check on you....too. You are not for me.

Comments

dklisiak

GE Capital Retail Money Bank has changed its name Three (3) times first name GE Capital, second name GE Capital Money Bank and the third change GE Capital Retail Money Bank. As you can see they always have the word "MONEY" in their name and they should really have "MONEY" in their name because that is all that matters to them!

You don't I don't and millions of people out there don't. They use all the tricks in the book plus make up their own! If you want to see just how BAD they are go and look at the documents that I have uploaded and you will see they have gotten totally out of control. The agencies state and federal can't even keep up with their "Crooked Tactics".

In fact they are so brazen they actually called Bank of America a lier even when showed the document of where they WIPED out my account without my permission! They lied to the District Attorney's Office in Santa Clara, CA! This is the way they make their BILLIONS! They have a lot of pull with someone high up to get away with what they are doing and have been doing for years to the consumers.

Someone's pockets are getting lined by this corrupt bank who makes money anyway they can and they don't care how they do it or who they squash on the way to continuing to make their "BILLIONS"! Go to "Crook-A-Titus" and "*** Titus" Disease and you will see ACTUAL documents with their BOLD FACE LIES! Heck "The Consumer Financial Protection Agency” which I refer to as “The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau” they actually sent one of my complaints on this crooked bank to another company! Which was mentioned NO WHERE IN MY COMPLAINT!

This Screwed up Agency has been in business since 2011 and is DOING NOTHING to stop THE CORRUPTION they allow this bank to get away with! They see nothing wrong with this type of business practice. You can see this in the actual documents I have uploaded to this website. This agency “The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau” was founded in 2011 for “Reform on Wallstreet” well I guess the new reform on wallstreet was created so that banks like GE Capital Retail Money Bank that handles credit cards for “Wallmart”, JC Penny, Target, etc.

just go online and see just how many merchants let this bank *** and then go and look at how much they BRAG about making its “BILLIONS” at the consumers expense. Yes, Frank and Dodd which this agency was created for are real reform all right real reform! What a joke! Believe it or not your screwed along with all the rest of the consumers who get sucked into this EVIL bank and the EVIL government agencies that give them “CART BLAC” to make up their own rules, regulations, late fees, charging illegal amounts etc.!

They even change their late fee amounts from $25.00 and $35.00 to $15.95! They tell you to pay more then you owe and when you do they don't apply the whole amount, unbelievable really? So, we have to get it out there to let people know NOT to do business with businesses that associate with this “EVIL CORRUPT *** BANK”! This agency which has been in business since 2011 doesn't care how they do business!

This agency was created to help the consumer. Well, when you go and research who created it you will find that this agency is called “The Wall Street Reform Act” created by Frank and Dodd! Now do I need to tell you more! In fact ALL those documents that have been uploaded are A-OK with all the agencies The Office of the Comp Controller, The Department of Financial Institutions, The Federal Trade Commission, The Department of Justice etc., these agencies have turned over my complaints to these idiots at The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau which by the way police themselves, now need I say more?

They are even more A-OK with “The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau”. Money talks if you don't have it your screwed! That is what “Corporate America” continues to achieve anyway they can and anyone they can bribe to continue to get away with it and believe me they do! The POWER is with the people the consumer.

If we can not use credit cards that this “EVIL BANK” is associated with then maybe we can win!

Hit them where it hurts and that is their “BILLIONS” or “MONEY” which they have kept in all their name changes. Which I'm positive that they have made illegally.

Unfortunately, ID theft these days is very easy. If someone applied for credit by filling out a form and mailing it in, there is nothing to be done, your soc sec # and other personal info is to be filled out, so obviously, that person had that info.

When someone calls into a company to apply for credit, same thing, they just need to answer some security questions, like full name, dob, addy, soc sec #, etc and how is the person on the other end of the phone supposed to know it's not really you when all of your info is being provided? That is no banks fault when something like that happens.

GECapitalCares

I'm sorry you're experiencing problems with a GE Capital account. We'd like to help. Please email me at gecapitalcares@ge.com with the following information:

- Reference code DM 102411_pc01