Ge Capital Retail Bank - LOAN to good to be true!

Fort Myers, Florida 0 comments
Additional Fees
Interest Rate

This company offered me a loan in the amount of $5,000 with a payment of $152.00 a month for 36 months. This company refuses to be paid by ACH.

They requested my user name and my password for my checking account, so that they could have access to ones account to take their payment. I refused to give them these personal access to my account. I refused the loan and hung up. Be careful out there.

We live in dishonest times! THE COMPANY went under the name of GE Capital Finance. When I asked if they were part of GE.

They replied YES! I believe this to be a scam to enter checking accounts and wipe them out.

This person wrote the review because of "complete scam" at Ge Capital Retail Bank. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ge Capital Retail Bank to "stop these people from taking ones hard earned money when they are in need! it's just another means of ripping people off!".

The most disappointing in user's experience was means of repayment they wanted. Author liked the most despicable. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Ge Money Bank. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ge Capital Retail Bank and ge capital retail bank loan for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Ge Capital Retail Bank - Done with Pay Pal Smart connect!!!!

I am closing my Account with Pay Pal Smart Connect and from what I have heard this will not be an easy thing to do.My payments are credited late.....They hold back one moth before your last payments get to be on the statement they send.You never seem to know what your real balance is.....It's difficult to find anywhere where my payments are that I made//I called and tell me go to Wallet and you will find it there .I did and Nothing....I am paying off the balance and am done with excessive charges and Late billing my payments to my account....This may have something to do with Ebay Leaving them,,,,,,,,I will use my credit card with lower interest rates......

This person wrote the review because of problems with payment at Ge Capital Retail Bank. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ge Capital Retail Bank to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Ge Money Bank. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ge Capital Retail Bank paypal smart connect for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

All Is true what you are saying! They are the only Billing I can not seem to get the Balance right either.

I always make extra payments during the month of the billing date and Find they are applied later too!!!

I also will only be using my Credit card and Ebay also gets fees so we are paying Double now! I am done with Ebay listing too......as the charges are outweighing my sales and there is not much viewing on my items so how are they to get sold......Money going everywhere to everyone else and we are paying!

Ge Capital Retail Bank - Paypal Smart Connect No friends of your credit

Fort Lauderdale, Florida 1 comment
Additional Fees

Hello everyone,

Be very careful with Paypal Smart Connect.... They're not your friends of credit.

They will not send you a statement/bill and tell you they have. I spent over two hours on the phone with costumer no service, which in that time I was disconnected on 3 times. I found out that I was late on a small balance that I never knew I had and they reported me to all credit agency as a high risk client. My credit score dropped over 10% of my credit rating score. I haven't been late on any mortgage, CC, utility, car, or rent in over 7 years and know i'm considered high risk. I paid off my balance and closed my account and thought I was finally done with this company but I was wrong. I received an email going to all credit agency stating my account was closed with the a balance unpaid.

This reviewer shared experience about poor customer service and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any). This person is overall dissatisfied with Ge Capital Retail Bank. The most disappointing about paypal smart connect at Ge Capital Retail Bank was deceptive initial billing cycle and billing practices Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

This person also mentioned the following company Ge Money Bank that you may also consider. Also, you can continue reading comments about Ge Capital Retail Bank.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Banks category for more informed decision or compare Ge Capital Retail Bank to other companies on our site.

Comments

Synchrony is not the only bank to be doing this other corporate banks are as well. I ran across a strange incident the other day.

I had a call from Chase about a car loan. When I called the number back, it said they were Synchrony Bank. It was a scam. Prior to 2013, it was a lot easier to pay off your bill because more money went towards it.

Obama passed a bill in 2013 that allowed companies to change how they did their fees, etc. They had the right to charge more and harass until the bill was paid. Go look it up if you don’t believe it, I did. He also allowed banks to take money before a due date.

They are allowed to change rules without your knowledge. They are the lender and they can do as they wish. I also believe that scammers jumped on the band wagon when data breaches started to happen OR are the data breaches being done on purpose? You still shouldn’t give up and give in to fight for your money.

Dave Ramsey has great information on how to get started. It doesn’t matter if your doing well or fell on hard times (health, job loss, bad deals, or whatever).

You can and will get ahead of it. Don’t get bullied into thinking you can’t.

Ge Capital Retail Bank - PayPal Extras Master card

Madison Heights, Michigan 0 comments
4.5

I had a PayPal Extras Master Card until 2/12/2015 when I received a letter from SYNCHRONY BANK, P. O.

BOX 965004, ORLANDO, FL 32896-4483 informing me the account was closed because my payments submitted by my Credit Union were not honored. Checking with SYNCHRONY BANK and OUR CREDIT UNION on a conference call it was determined the last number on my account was changed from a 5 (five) to a 0 (zero). The bank denied the number was changed from a 5 (five) to a 0 (zero) on their end and the credit union gave the number it was submitted under a 5 (five). During the past 9 9(nine) months I have been trying to get it straightened out with no success.

The credit card number on the billing from PAYPAL CREDIT SVCS/SYNCB, 5218 5310 1198 5349, is the same number as the GE Capitol Retail Bank number on the PAYPAY Extras card. The collection company SVCS/SYNCB is using the GE Capitol Retail Bank number for collection purposes. When I go to the GE Capitol PayPal account it shows I have 0 (zero) available credit. The hard copy I receive from PayPal Credit SVCS/SYNCB shows I have a balance of $1021.01 with interest being charged each month.

Help me to be able to go on line and look at this statement from SVCS/SYNCB. Submitted by JJT

This person wrote the review because of "closing of ge capitol account" of ge capital retail bank account from Ge Capital Retail Bank. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Ge Capital Retail Bank to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

Author liked the most service received through paypal and interest rate if paid on time. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Ge Money Bank. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ge Capital Retail Bank for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Ge Capital Retail Bank - GE CAPITAL PAYPAL HAVE TIES THAT OTHER BANKS DON'T

Update by user May 17, 2015

This is a list of "ALL" my complaints that I have sent in that have been closed.

Update by user May 16, 2015

I have uploaded documents FYI along with the various state & federal agencies & this Bank that seems to be able to get away with having there own way of math.

They can make you pay more then you owe then give you credit on your statement for less & call it a "Late Fee Refund" even though payment & invoice state different.

They also put the correct amount owed on the statement but where that other extra money went that you had to pay yet didn't owe "WTF" knows where that went! Probably stuck out in Outer Space waiting for the "Head Planet" to figure out what the Hellll they are suppose to do with this or "WTF" to call it! They have the same problem that AT&T U-Verse has seems the "Head Planet" doesn't know "WTF" the others are doing down on earth! They been spinning around for so long out in space they can't get the heads together.

They can "RACK" up late fees, interest charges etc. basically do anything they damnnn well want to with "The Blessings" of state & federal agencies. You will see this in the documents uploaded. Especially there "Good Buddies" at The CFPB which I call "The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau" because that is what they do to the consumer all over you.

They sent me a check for $349.25 in December 2011 now why would they send me a check for this amount when I had taken ALL the monies they "Illegally" took out of my bank account on October 2011 minus that months payment of $25.00 & reversed the charges?

Then send a $15.00 check "WTF" knows where that is!

Not only that but they had the nerve to charge ME for a "Debt Cancelation Fee" even though they got that months payment. They have taken that $6.05 "Debt Cancelation Fee" & they now call it "Card Security Fees". This $6.05 has been in so many places & called so many things I would not touch it with a TEN FOOT POLE!

It gets even more crazier they have the nerve to tell me that my BANK is the one who charged the $15.00 fee NOT THEM! The credit for my "Card Security Fee's" has changed three times now.

They use the United States Post Office for "FRUAD" charging late fees or anything else they feel like charging the consumer for that have accounts with them. They also know more then the United States Postal Service. This bank has NO BOUNDRIES! They use the phrase "they tried to contact you but were unable to".

This is the I don't give a *** way! This is what they tell you they don't leave a message so you have to call back to find out "WTF" called you!

Original review posted by user May 16, 2015

There will be copies of documents that I have sent to the various state & federal agencies since 2011. I can't even picture how many Billions & Billions of dollars these "EVIL CROOKS" have made compliments of the Confused Financial Protection Bureau along with the other state & federal agencies which in my opinion are "ILLEGAL"!

They can send you statements which inform you that you owe more then you actually do, then they can take that amount change the title to "Refund of Late Fee's" in my case two cents document attached.

The documents attached will show you just a few of the complaints I have filed against these "EVIL CROOKS" & they are all closed!

In this documents you will also see where "The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau" has closed a case as "Resolved" & it is not even the correct company. Just to make for sure that I was not seeing something there that should be there I asked in several emails & got the same answer NOTHING WRONG!

So just "WTF" do we pay these useless state & federal agencies for? I have NO CLUE!

Reviewer is in unhappy mood. Please immediately contact the author of this review to discuss problems with payment of account. Ge Capital Retail Bank needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned account in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at Ge Capital Retail Bank. You can also consider other company suggested by the author: Ge Money Bank.

Comments

I have never heard of this before in my life, however my husband savings account, was hacked, we later learned, it was in transit to this, go bank? Thankfully, our bank canceled that transaction after reading reviews, what a scam !!!

Resolved: Ge Capital Retail Bank - BILLED & CHARGED LATE FEE WITHIN 24 DAYS OF OPENING ACCOUNT

Mesquite, Texas 2 comments
Resolved
2.3

Update by user Mar 10, 2015

I must say that I was impressed with GE Capital's quick response to me, as they reached out to me shortly after my initial post and offered to refund my late fee. It appears the issue was due to a billing cycle timing situation where my new account was opened at the exact time that the billing cycle started/ended and explains why the short-cycled invoice was sent. I'd like to thank GE Capital for resolving this matter in a timely manner, as well as pissedconsumer.com for providing a platform to express issues we may have from a consumer's perspective.

Original review posted by user Feb 13, 2015

GE Capital 'Synchrony Bank' has to be one of the most crooked companies every known. I've had a good standing with them until we opened a new account in January-2015.

They sent a statement for the new balance the very next day and demanded initial payment within 24 days. Naturally, I didn't realize the short notice statement since the account was JUST OPENED, however incorrectly assumed I'd be invoiced in 15-30 days or so. In any event, the 24 days came and went and on the 28th day, when I went to pay my initial statement, there was already a late fee applied for the 'quick-draw statement'.

I've never seen a company bill the very next day for Credit Cards and expect LESS than Net30 terms on the initial statement. They've lost my trust and business for this accounting issue.

mileslandcareinc wrote the review because of "short billing term on initial statement." at Ge Capital Retail Bank. Reviewer claimed that he or she lost $25 and wants Ge Capital Retail Bank to "credit late fee and remove late payment notation from my credit report".

The most disappointing in user's experience was deceptive initial billing cycle and short billing cycle. Author liked the most no interest terms. The author asks this business to immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

Also, this reviewer considered the following company: Ge Money Bank. We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Ge Capital Retail Bank financial statement for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Comments

dklisiak

This bank has real problems. They can't even add the only adding they know how to do is in there favor.

I would suggest that before you take the email seriously listed by Synchrony Bank about how sorry they are for the mistake you should see what your in for if you believe them. And they have not changed one single thing since 2011 when I found out just how really "Greedy" & "Evil" they really are!

I have nothing to gain except satisfaction of letting people know just what they are all about. I post it "FYI" they on the other hand they have lots & that is there favorite color green & the favorite artwork the $ sign.

These review numbers listed all have documents attached you can make up your own mind by reading the documents only.

This is a little bit of just how "Corrupted" these Corporations continue to get #520251 #488834 #483913 #483025 #481983 #483913 #479336 & #478478 #522235 #489486 #572301 #548032 #508912#489486#586688

You can also go & read the "Rebuttal" from the loyal employee from GE Capital Retail Bank you can also go & view the clip on You Tube that I made just type in ge capital retail pay pal look for the green snakes can't miss it. This will show you just a tiny bit of these "Corrupted Corporations". If you want you can go to Rip-Off website Report#1140625 to read the whole "Rebuttal".

Synchrony Bank now are trying to get "Class Action Suits" BANNED along with Pay Pal!

You might want to also go to #586688 "Adventures in Pay Pal Land" there will be a follow up episode each month whether it be good or bad or who it favors & doesn't favor. By doing this you can follow these "Evil, Vile, Corrupted, Liars" & see just what there apology means in the email from Synchrony Bank listed after your post. I'm surprised "Nicole" & the little cartoon man on the desk with a computer is not listed maybe they finally got rid of them. "Nicole" is "Billions & Billions" of years old & the poor thing is I believe broke & has no benefits at all.

They still have not gotten rid of the "Elusive Phantom" that pops up when they can't figure out what to say. Just look at the documents that go back as far as 2011 & "NOT ONE SINGLE THING HAS CHANGED" they just keep changing there name & making all those "Billions & Billions" of money they have "Raped" the consumer of. The United States Postal Inspector is involved now finally they have been using the United States Post Office to defraud consumers out of "Trillions" of dollars for "Bogus" late fees & other fees.

And you "Do Not Defraud The United States Postal Service" that is a big fat "FEDERAL OFFENSE"! LOL

AskSynchrony
Dayton, Ohio, United States #948467

**To expedite a response, please provide Reference code DM 022015_pc_MilesLandCare**

I’m sorry you have experienced issues with your Synchrony Financial account. We would like to try and resolve your concerns.

Please email me at ask.synchrony@synchronyfinancial.com with your name and phone number.

A member of our consumer advocacy team will call you to assist.

For your security, please do not include your account number in your email.

Regards,

Nicole

Synchrony Financial

ADVENTURES IN PAY PAL LAND SYNCHRONY BANK GE CAPITAL RETAIL BANK CONTINUE TO PUT THE SCREWS TO ITS CUSTOMERS

Fremont, California 2 comments

Please look at the uploaded documents so that you can see what I'm talking about. I do not understand why "The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau" closed their files on all the documents & complaints that I sent to them about these "Evil Corporations" a copy & paste is at the bottom of this post on how they based there decision. Just think how many "Billions & Billions & Billions" they continue to make.

I like to refer them as "The Confused Financial Pissonyou Bureau" that's what they do to you along with sending complaints filed to another bank that isn't even mentioned in the complaint that I sent them.

In the documents that I have attached to this post there are two different amounts for the same invoice & the same month along with the balance & the minimum payment due.

The "Online Statement" states "NO PAYMENT DUE" & available credit $1596.00 my credit limit is $1,600.00. On the "Mailed Statement" it states "PAYMENT DUE" February 5, 2015 with my available credit of $1,581.00 credit limit is $1,600.00.

Every single month they do this & get away with it. That is why GE Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Money Bank, GE Capital Retail Bank & now Synchrony Bank (fourth name change) keep changing there names.

The other thing is that in two more years there will be nine million (9) new customers that they can put the screws to. Who cares about this petty stuff.

If you would like to see actual documents please go to reviews 522235 & 489486. You can also go to these reviews that also have documents uploaded 488834, 383913, 483025, 481983, 479336, 478478, 572301, 520251 on this site. I do this so people can actually see the documents & make up there own minds as to who benefits in these posts.

THIS DOCUMENT BELOW IS WHAT THE CONSUMER FINANCIAL PROTECTION BUREAU SENT TO ME; This complaint was closed on March 11, 2013 after I appealed it. This was also all based on a letter sent by GE Capital Retail Bank in April 2012 go figure.

and regulations the CFPB enforces. There appears to be a disagreement as to the facts

concerning your complaint. Because Consumer Response typically does not resolve

factual disputes, no further action will be taken on your individual complaint at this time.

Our review was limited to federal consumer financial protection laws within the CFPB’s authority. Our disposition should not be considered to be a determination with respect

to the validity of your complaint. We hope you understand that the CFPB does not

represent individuals in legal matters. If you believe this does not resolve your complaint,

you are of course free to contact a private attorney about this matter or file your own

case in court.

We take consumer complaints very seriously and are grateful for the information you

have provided throughout this process. Consumer complaints inform us about business

practices that may pose risk to consumers and assist the CFPB’s supervisory,

enforcement, and rulemaking responsibilities. Hearing from engaged and proactive

consumers like you is critical to our mission. With this correspondence, we are closing

your file on this matter within Consumer Response. Please feel free to contact the CFPB

should you need help with another consumer finance matter in the future. For more

practices that may pose risk to consumers and assist the CFPB’s supervisory,

information on any consumer financial product or service, please visit “Ask CFPB” at One of our Consumer Response Specialists reviewed your complaint based on the laws

practices that may pose risk to consumers and assist the CFPB’s supervisory,

information on any consumer financial product or service, please visit “Ask CFPB” Thank you,

Consumer Response Team

Consumer Financial Protection Bureau

"FYI"

Doesn't it make you feel real good that we have "ALL" these state & federal agencies to protect us?

This reviewer shared experience about problems with payment and wants this business to read this review and look into the issue (if any) as the author lost $5000. dklisiak is overall dissatisfied with Ge Capital Retail Bank and uploaded picture s. The most disappointing about paypal payment at Ge Capital Retail Bank was deceptive fees, customer service in india and billing practices Reviewer wants customer support to reach our to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Comments

These laws are written by the banks lobbiests! These agencies have absolutely ZERO authority to hold banks accountable!

It’s insane, and we need to throw every congress member in office out in their *** and put an entire new congress into both the house and senate! Then we need to hold executives of these criminal banks liable, and throw them in prison!

Well I like to know if there is an action suit against the Go bank CEO.

Ge Capital Retail Bank - DECEPTIVE BILLING

Detroit, Michigan 0 comments

This company's billing practices are very tricky. The interest charges are very punitive, and since changing their name from GE to Synchrony deliberately try to deceive and confuse accounts and money debited from checking accounts.

They deny receiving payments and you never get a straight answer from the folks in "INDIA"...

Currently I am trying to get this company to acknowledge they have been receiving payments from my account and not giving me credit for the payments they have deducted from my checking account. This is a very "slippery" company and you never get anything resolved when speaking with them.

Review about: Checking Account.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

I didn't like: Billing practices, Poor, Poor record keeping, Customer service in india, Deceptive fees.

Ge Capital Retail Bank - Spam email asking for vital info! Paypal was contacted!

San Jacinto, California 6 comments

Dear #####

We are responding to your recent application for a PAYPAL (Reference Number: K5P4M4). Please click here to review the response on our secure site. To help reduce our impact on the environment, we are sending this letter to you electronically. You can download or print the letter for your records.

If you have trouble opening this within your email system, copy the link below into a new browser and hit enter. This will bring you to an authentication screen where you will be asked for credentials.

Sincerely,

PAYPAL Services

Note: This email was sent to you by Synchrony Bank, the issuer of your PAYPAL Account. You may receive account servicing emails even if you have requested not to receive marketing offers by email for your PAYPAL Account. Synchrony Bank is located at 170 Election Road, Suite 125, Draper, Utah, 84020, USA.

This is an unmonitored email box. Please do not reply to this email.

Review about: Spam Email.

Reason of review: spam email.

Preferred solution: stop spams.

Comments

I got the exact same email except for Amazon a couple days after applying. I put in the info and it would take me no where or tell me nothing

Colonia, New Jersey, United States #1268808

It is a scam. I got a similar email for a different Synchrony account, saying I had a secure message.

Instead of clicking on the email link, I logged directly into my card's website, and sure enough, I didn't have any messages on my account.

It's a good practice to ALWAYS bypass emails like this and go straight to the web login. This email was worded & designed exactly like a real email for this account - it's not difficult to imitate such things.

It's not a scam you can even see it on paypal's website here at https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/credit-card (scroll to the bottom and you will see "The PayPal Extras MasterCard is issued by Synchrony Bank") I was scared too because of the fishy website but i grit my teeth and filled out the info anyway. It then took me to a site that gave me info back that I had filled out for a credit line with paypal a week earlier.

I got this same email after applying for a Walmart credit card. Something just felt wrong about it.

i've just received an email similar to this one the only difference is instead of paypal it is for an amazon.com storecard and obviously the reference number is different but other than that it is an exact replica of this email. is this a *** or scam?

to Anonymous #1332025

It is legit. Just checked mine, it was telling me that since I paid my bill early, that my auto pay would not occur this month.

If it's not asking you for more than is already exposed in the email, there is no risk. It wanted the last 4 of my card and my zip code.

It already had the card and any hacker could find my zip code so whatever. And boom, legit letter

View more comments

Ge Capital Retail Bank - I was not aware of the "smart card" account and now I have a balance that I do not owe

2.0
Interest Rate

I have been using Pay PAl for a long time now and I have recently found out about the "smart card" account with a balance of over three hundred dollars. I saw that there were several items that I had bought but I thought I was using Pay Pal like IU always had.

I always paid my bills on time on line. I would call Pay Pal at times to check my account and would be told my balance was zero and everything was alright. I recently called Pay Pal about not being able to use my Pay Pal account when I was told of this balance. I could not understand the representative and he became very agitated when I didn't understand what he was talking about.

I have contacted Pay Pal several times about this problem and the problem was looked over when finally in an answer by e-mail I was told by them to call the GE Retail Bank to try to resolve this matter. I am going to call but I feel like I have had my Civil Rights have been abused and I would like to see some action about this problem Thank You Barbara Warren at barbarapianolady@gmail.com

Review about: Pay Pal.

Reason of review: I used Pay Pal for a long time and was unaware of the GE Retail Bank taking it ov and now I have a balance that I was unaware of..

Preferred solution: Not only should the GE Retail Bank be affected by this action but Pay Pal as well. A class action suit would be the action because there are others that have been done the same way..